Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hey, the Bengals drafted a Center!
(05-01-2021, 05:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Coming off of 2 knee surgeries. He and Carman can be star candidates for the All-IR Team!

Us o-line guys can't catch a break.

We've watched busts like Ogbuehi, Fisher, etc.

We finally trade up and take...Bodine. We finally take a Center in first round...bust. We make a trade...bust (Glenn).

The team treats the line like a red headed step child in free agency. We finally sign someone semi-decent (Reiff) and it's a 1 year deal. Yet he's used as an excuse to pass on an amazing line prospect that fell in our laps.

I mean, congrats to all the Chase guys. I get it. He looks really nice. I'm excited to recreate the LSU offense (no sarcasm) too.

But to act like you don't understand where the o-line guys are coming from is kiiiiinda ridiculous. For the 5th off-season in a row, we made a couple moves, but really didn't go "all-in" on the line.

Its been our #1 problem BY FAR for 5 seasons now, yet it's never treated as our #1 priority in the offseason. Signing Reiff to a one year deal and nabbing a couple in rounds 2-4 is nice, but let's be honest...that level of focus doesn't match the level of the problem.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey, the Bengals drafted a Center! - Shake n Blake - 05-01-2021, 07:55 PM