Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hey, the Bengals drafted a Center!
(05-01-2021, 08:11 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Reiff's contract is already spread over 2 years, so if he plays well, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bengals bring him back for 2022. Then you add Carman, who is extremely talented and should be better suited at G. Also don't forget about Spain. He came in last year and was forced to play RG and even RT, even though his natural position is LG. I thought he did pretty damn well for the situation he was thrown into.

Also, I've also said before, and I'll say it again, you have to take into account how stubborn and poor of a teacher that Turner was. Replacing him will be a huge factor, IMO. That's not even including the effect that Chase should have on defense. As Pollack said yesterday, he will help the run game as well as the pass game because he will dictate coverages.

I've done my fair damn share of complaining about the o-line over the years, but I honestly feel better about things going into this year...and if you've read my posts about the o-line issues for the past 5 years, you'll know that doesn't come easy for me. LOL

I wish I could share your optimism, but as it stands, most of the improvement we'll see this year will be due to Pollack, who I do feel is an amazing coach. I'm not as sold on the bodies we added though. It was barely above a standard issue offseason for us, as far as free agency/draft.

Is there a 2nd year option for Reiff? Gotta admit I haven't really looked into that...I just keep hearing he's on a 1 year deal.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey, the Bengals drafted a Center! - Shake n Blake - 05-01-2021, 08:22 PM