Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hey, the Bengals drafted a Center!
(05-01-2021, 07:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Us o-line guys can't catch a break.

We've watched busts like Ogbuehi, Fisher, etc.

We finally trade up and take...Bodine. We finally take a Center in first round...bust. We make a trade...bust (Glenn).

The team treats the line like a red headed step child in free agency. We finally sign someone semi-decent (Reiff) and it's a 1 year deal. Yet he's used as an excuse to pass on an amazing line prospect that fell in our laps.

I mean, congrats to all the Chase guys. I get it. He looks really nice. I'm excited to recreate the LSU offense (no sarcasm) too.

But to act like you don't understand where the o-line guys are coming from is kiiiiinda ridiculous. For the 5th off-season in a row, we made a couple moves, but really didn't go "all-in" on the line.

Its been our #1 problem BY FAR for 5 seasons now, yet it's never treated as our #1 priority in the offseason. Signing Reiff to a one year deal and nabbing a couple in rounds 2-4 is nice, but let's be honest...that level of focus doesn't match the level of the problem.

Yep, it's almost like they think the Bengals play in the flag football division.  When in reality, the AFCN is comprised of teams with strong defenses and dominant OLs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey, the Bengals drafted a Center! - SunsetBengal - 05-01-2021, 08:24 PM