Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Draft OL Status/Opinions
Let's be real here folks!
On the Burrow injury, They had 2 linemen (Jordan, a backup at that point but playing b/c of injury, and Adeniji, a Rookie filling in for injured Hart) who were the ones responsible letting their guys get past them for that sandwich on Burrow.
Both shouldn't have been in the game, but were b/c of injuries to the starters. That happens in the NFL, just look no further than the Super Bowl.

1. They brought in an awesome OL coach in Pollock, whom everyone knows and loves as a very good developmental OL coach.
2. The Bengals have since brought in Reiff, a 10 year experienced, very solid RT to replace Hart.
3. Jonah has a year of starting under his belt now (he could've come back to play the last few games but why push it at that point)?, and I feel will be a very solid, consistent LT moving forward.
4. They still have a solid Center who should be ready for snap 1 in Hopkins, with Price backing him up who actually did well under Pollock when he was here the last time.
5. Their competition at Guard spots increased a bunch with Jackson Carman having the inside track for LG and Xavier, Spain, Johnson, Trey Hill, Dionte Smith and Jordan fighting it out as starter at RG.

And, they will bring in some FA OL after the draft now, and still could sign an OL Vet for a better price. (I am betting this still happens)

Yes, they could've done better in many of your eyes on this board; but, I think they're pretty solid coming into the season if they don't do anything else at this point.

You all also have to remember that bringing in Chase alone helps with getting the ball out of Burrow's hands quicker, along with Uzomah coming back with familiarity there (And maybe even Moss if he's healthy now).

Mixon and now Evans also help with an improved zone running game that Pollock and Taylor have installed.

I'm pretty excited about the remake of the OL at this stage as well as the overall Offense in general!!

What do you all think?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Post Draft OL Status/Opinions - JerseyDD09 - 05-01-2021, 09:38 PM
RE: Post Draft OL - Truck_1_0_1_ - 05-01-2021, 09:56 PM
RE: Post Draft OL Status/Opinions - Burma - 05-02-2021, 12:46 AM
RE: Post Draft OL Status/Opinions - OSUfan - 05-03-2021, 04:50 PM
RE: Post Draft OL Status/Opinions - Stewy - 05-01-2021, 10:59 PM
RE: Post Draft OL Status/Opinions - Stewy - 05-01-2021, 11:06 PM
RE: Post Draft OL Status/Opinions - Synric - 05-02-2021, 11:49 AM
RE: Post Draft OL Status/Opinions - Sled21 - 05-02-2021, 12:33 PM
Post Draft OL Status/Opinions - BenZoo2 - 05-02-2021, 12:23 PM