Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Perhaps Mike Brown isn't so Semi-Retired?
(05-02-2021, 09:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, this article kind of took me by surprise.  Several statements from the team management have led us to believe that Mike Brown was at least Semi-Retired, and not really "hands on" with the operations of the team any longer.  Now, unless Paul Alexander just made up those quotes from his conversation with Mike Brown, it seems like perhaps the team management may have been misleading the fan base for whatever reasons.

I mean, I get it.  Mike Brown is still alive, and he is still the President of the team.  However, I don't like that they have been on a PR effort for years, purporting that Katie has "taken over" operations of the team, responsible for so many of the recent changes in the way the Bengals are doing business and such, only to find out that Mike is indeed, still the one pulling the strings behind the curtain.  I won't say that it's "dishonest", as they have never said that Mike has fully retired, I mean it's their team, and they can run it any way that they choose to.  I'm just saying that as fans, if we thought that the torch of management and decision making had been passed, maybe we were wrong to think that way.

I think you're reading more into it than what's there.  

Mike Brown isn't breaking down film on OL prospects and assembling the big board.  Tobin, the coaches, and the scouting staff are doing that.  If Mike asked Paul about Carman first, it's likely because he had been discussed as an option in round 2.  Taylor had said they had Carman at the top of their board.  Since the Bengals were leaning Chase and OL in 2, it makes sense to ask about the OL they had at the top of the board in 2.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Perhaps Mike Brown isn't so Semi-Retired? - Whatever - 05-02-2021, 10:11 PM