Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players union wants rookies to boycott minicamps
(05-03-2021, 08:58 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Bruce Arians agrees:

“If we lose spring, [young players] are not getting developed. The veterans love that s–t, because that means they don’t get to take their jobs. So when you have the veterans voting on the rules. . . . these young kids need practice. If the vets don’t want to come, they don’t have to come. It’s still voluntary. We need the preseason, we definitely need some preseason games.”

I've yet to encounter a single union in my life that ever did anything to really help the "new guy."  The old guys don't want to go to optional practices, or cut back on practice time, that's heard.  And if it gives the young and eager guys a chance to catch up and possibly displace a veteran, it won't be received well.  It's the typical "pay your dues and be respectful" situation.  

I do think it's ridiculous, though.  I understand that it's a year-round job for these guys, not just the season.  But at the same time, they're being paid to play sports, and some of them are pretty quick to complain whenever there's an opportunity about how hard they work and how unfair it is.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Players union wants rookies to boycott minicamps - MileHighGrowler - 05-03-2021, 10:58 PM