Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How will we do in the North in 2021
(05-04-2021, 07:16 AM)Waite Hoyt Wrote: Can Bengals go 4-2 in AFC North?

This will be the Ja'Marr Chase effect.  Last year, the steelers and Ratbirds were able to shut down Boyd and Higgins and the Bengals had no answer.  Sure, the line will be improved and Mixon should have a much better outing this year in those games, but I think it will come down to how Burrow is able to attack them with 3 top-flight options.  I sincerely doubt they have the depth and talent to shut down all three.  If they focus on shutting down Chase, the others will eat well.

Even splitting with the steelers and Ravens will go a long way toward boosting this team's belief in themselves.  Those losses to Baltimore last year were embarrassing.  

I will predict an even 3-3, splitting with all three opponents.  If they are able to go 3-1 against the AFC West, that would put them at 6-4 with the remaining games being against the 49ers, Jags, Jets, Vikings, Bears, Lions, and Packers. Go 4-3 in those games and you have a 10-7 record and might be able to sneak in to the playoffs.  

It absolutely starts in the AFC North, though, and they have to find a way to at least split.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How will we do in the North in 2021 - SHRacerX - 05-04-2021, 09:21 AM