Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carman At Guard- Consulted Willie Anderson
(05-04-2021, 11:13 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: This article from The USA Today doesn't go into specifics, but it says that we want to start Carman inside at guard:

I love it because it means we're putting our best players on the field and having the best team possible.  We started Whitworth at guard because of injuries and that turned out working out pretty well.  When we kicked him back out to his natural left tackle position, he still was a star, so I don't fear that this will hinder Carman in any way and I'm excited that we're putting the best possible combination out there.

I'm starting to think that this team could surprise a lot of people!

No surprise, thought so. Carman is a road grading, mauling, pancaking Guard all the way. This pick is going to have a lot of people
eating crow that didn't like it. Carman could end up being the best OL taken in this class. Only Guard I had rated above him was 
Vera-Tucker who also was a Tackle in college but didn't play in the SEC like Carman did.

I don't see Carman going back out to Tackle unless in emergency. His natural position is Guard, unlike Whit who was more of a 
Tackle. The question is which side of the Line Carman plays on, LG or RG?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carman At Guard- Consulted Willie Anderson - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-05-2021, 01:11 PM