Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carman At Guard- Consulted Willie Anderson
(05-05-2021, 02:25 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I hope a lot of people knew that when he was drafted he was playing guard. He has short arms and has trouble with speed rushers, but he can stand up bull rushers and fight them back. He is very athletic and gets to the 2nd level quickly, making him a very good pulling guard.

He has a lot to learn though, switching from tackle to guard means he has to learn more calls on the line. He has the makings of a quality nfl guard though.

Yes, some just looked at OT then looked him up and saw that he CAN struggle against speed rushers on the outside.

Moving him to Guard is perfect as once he gets his hands on you it is over. Dude eats and makes more pancakes than Ihop.

(05-05-2021, 02:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: based on your description RG would be the place for those talents.

I like the Talent. But thought an OT would be more valuable.  Most OTs can slide inside.  Not Every OG can slide out. (and depth is still an issue)

If he comes anywhere close to having a career like Willie then its a damn good pick

For sure RG is where I envisioned him and that seems to be the way Pollack is thinking as well. That is what is nice about 
Carman, if Jonah or Riley go down Jackson is much better than say Fred Johnson to fill in. Hope Carman has a career like 
Bobbie Williams, that would be fantastic. Willie is a tall order.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carman At Guard- Consulted Willie Anderson - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-05-2021, 02:52 PM