Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Continued Trump Administration Fallout
(05-05-2021, 06:08 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 2009-2011, Democrats held a 256-178 lead in the House (+78 D)
2011-2013, Republicans held a 242-193 lead in the House (+49 R)

That's a loss of 63 by the Ds there. That was in the midterms of Obama's first term. Just seems like for awhile now it's hard for a party to have Presidency, Senate, and House all at once. Doesn't seem to last long when they do. In the last 25 Congresses (50 years) it has only happened 8 times.

Personally, I welcome the constant shifting back and forth between parties because I hope that one of these days with it shifting back and forth so quickly, people will catch onto the fact that neither party cares about you
and it'll open up the door for third parties. Not that I think those third parties will initially care much more, but maybe the sudden competition for your vote will make the two big parties get their thumbs out of their asses and make some changes.

One of the parties is headed by a guy who sicced a mob on the capital to try and preserve his power, after he fumbled the COVID response, and many other things.  He has persuaded millions that Biden was illegitimately elected. That guy constantly turns national problems into stories of his own persecution. When in power he punished people for displaying integrity and respect for rule of law. To stay in his good graces, many politicians of his party continue that policy to stay in his good graces.

The other party is headed by guy who looks to be desperately trying to get us all to herd immunity and address the economic effects of the COVID shut down. He doesn't constantly brag about himself or dismiss soldiers, ambassadors and politicians for displaying integrity. 

Wouldn't you agree, Len, that one party might care more about us than the other one?  It looks like the party in power IS making changes with all COVID and infrastructure bills going forward.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Continued Trump Administration Fallout - Dill - 05-05-2021, 07:27 PM