Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Continued Trump Administration Fallout
(05-05-2021, 08:29 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah, so that's my prediction, she will lose that battle, sooner or later. Probably sooner, she already is kind of a loner in the party really with that stance. She'll be gone, you might mention her once or twice after that as a sign of hope for a turning tide and then forget about her llike we all forgot about Jeff Flake. Trump will claim he retired her and a crowd will cheer. She will then maybe write a book, it will be called conservative at heart, and we will talk about the three most Trump-critical passages in it for a while. There will be speculation she runs with Amash for the libertarians in 2024, which will die down. She will appear on some networks she never appeared before, Colbert will probably invite her. She won't be exactly late-night material though, so in the end she probably disappears into some corporate boards.

Or she turns everything around with her brave stance that only to me reads like a political obituary. I just don't see how she could.

I think the biggest issue for the GOP leadership with Cheney is she won't stop rehashing these things in interviews and public statements.  They almost completely supported her after the impeachment vote after all.  You can certainly claim she's taking a principled stand, and maybe she is.  I have to remind myself that a person's child is not them, that the sins of the parent don't transfer to the child.  Even so, it's awfully damned hard for me to feel any sorrow for Chaney.  Maybe it's a character flaw on my part, maybe even likely.  But her father was top three of the biggest pieces of shit to ever hold high office in this country and I honestly think the world, certainly the US, would be much better off if that family never held public office again.  The Clinton's, Kennedy's and Bush's too, for that matter.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Continued Trump Administration Fallout - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 05-05-2021, 08:38 PM