Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Continued Trump Administration Fallout
(05-05-2021, 11:18 PM)Dill Wrote: Sorry Mike. Upon review what I wrote sounds unclear and misleading. I was not disputing that a majority of Senators voted against impeachment.

Rather, I was referring to the fact that GOP control of the senate has enabled a party representing a minority of voters to set terms for the majority. That has been the case for decades, but it is more serious now that Trump has captured the party. That's why I said "Trump's power in the Senate"--his power, which flows from his control of GOP Senators' constituencies, negating their incentive to oversee the executive.  

Republican Senators in 2020 did not represent the majority of American voters, right? 

As I understand it, the Senators who voted against Trump's first impeachment represented some 153 million Americans.

And the Senators who voted for impeachment represented 168 million Americans--a majority by 15 million.

No I understood you, and it's incorrect.  They are not a representative body.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Continued Trump Administration Fallout - michaelsean - 05-06-2021, 09:28 AM