Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Continued Trump Administration Fallout
(05-06-2021, 11:15 AM)hollodero Wrote: I understand you didn't exactly attribute heroism to her, but I still feel it's worth mentioning that as of now, she isn't a hero and there's a tendency to idolize anyone who speaks out against Trump. I remember past instances there. Mr. Kelly was perceived an awful person as long as he was Trump's chief of staff; as soon as he got ousted and said negative things about his former boss, he suddenly was the honorable general that did as best as he could under the circumstances. John Bolton was a warmongering FOX host and the super hack with the super PAC, then he was in Trump's admin, but as soon as he was out and wrote his book, suddenly what he had to say was all valuable and interesting and he was the upright, principled guy that might undo Trump. Additional examples exist.

You could throw Cohen and Anthony Scaramucci as well.  For many people in this country, the person you're conversing with included, it's not what you do or say, it's who you're speaking or acting against.  They're quite happy to engage in double standards as long as the "correct" target is being attacked.  The interesting thing is they are utterly blind to this hypocrisy, even when it's pointed out in real time.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Continued Trump Administration Fallout - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 05-06-2021, 11:23 AM