Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Continued Trump Administration Fallout
(05-06-2021, 02:41 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Since total number of votes nationwide is utterly irrelevant in regards to the Senate one has to wonder what anyone arguing this is trying to achieve.  Unless they just want to tear down the foundations of our system of government.

I can understand the frustration. When it is coupled together with the effectiveness of the GOP over the past couple of decades at their efforts to take statehouses and gerrymander the ever-loving-shit out of electoral maps, it has a demoralizing effect on the Democrats. I know it aggravates me to no end. However, the senate isn't supposed to be tied to population. We need to turn out efforts to the House and reforming that. We need more Representatives and make the number tied to population so that as our population grows we maintain a good level of representation instead of having the same number of Representatives we had when our population was one-third of what it is, today. But the Senate is fine as it is (though I do want to eliminate the filibuster).
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Continued Trump Administration Fallout - Belsnickel - 05-06-2021, 02:47 PM