Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Continued Trump Administration Fallout
(05-07-2021, 11:20 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The interesting thing about the shift we've seen since Biden took office is all the new things that left leaning people want change that they never made a peep about the previous four years.  It's also interesting to see things they really, really, cared about, like the border crisis, become non-issues.  

Eh, I find that a bit simplistic. Dems cared about the border crisis especially because the Trump era's approach were things like a family separation policy used as a deterrent. Many also scolded Biden for initially not increasing the number of refugees. They did not stop caring about these issues.

---
And since the debate goes nowhere anyway: I can understand and do find it extremely odd and unfair that a state like Wyoming, with less inhabitants than Hamilton County, gets two senators, or the Dakotas getting four, on the simple grounds that this is grossly overrepresenting certain american populations living there. That is unfair on its very face and yeah if that's touching the foundation then so be it.

And sure it leads to a majority of senators representing a minority of Americans. Now I get federalism and states rights and everything, but I also see the invaluable uniqueness of Wyoming and some of those other rectangular, apparently randomly drawn states as somewhat of a non-factor. I might even say that keeping all these rural, little populated states is a "republican power grab", just as giving statehood to PR is seen as a democratic power grab. No statehood for PR, but keeping all these states heavily favors republicans, after all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Continued Trump Administration Fallout - hollodero - 05-07-2021, 12:14 PM