Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2021 Offseason - Overall Thoughts
(05-06-2021, 02:02 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Ossai, Sample, and Shelvin are mid round picks (3rd/4th) with potential. None are going to be starters. They all will make the team. Those are depth guys. Perhaps they develop into starters or remain solid depth guys, or perhaps they never pan out. 

Do you recall ADG lighting things up last year? I don't. Even Wilson only had flashes. 

Carman was a reach who most had going in the 3rd (or 4th). He is being asked to play a new position. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. 

All these guys are unproven. That is a fact. Our OL hit rate has been pretty low lately (Price, Ogbeuhi, Fisher, Jordan, etc) and those guys were all rated higher than Carman save for Jordan.

Look, I find all you kool-aid drinkers hillarious. I mean, sure, I guess it is possible most of these hit and turn into studs, but that is somethibg that has not happened yet. Just go back and look at our draft classes. 

The last Bengals draft picks to make the Pro-Bowl (for us) were AJ and Andy in 2011. And Andy was an injury replacement. 2010 was excellent (Gresham, Dunlap, Geno). But 2-3 starters + 1-2 depth guys is a good as we ever do.

Chase is a legit stud. Carman will start because we have no RGs worth spit. We'll see how he does. McPherson will start. The others have some potential but are depth pieces for now. I like the defensive guys more (Ossai, Sample, Shelvin). They upgrade our depth, I think. But our DL was the worst in the league last year (as was the O-line). 

I agree on the part of us not knowing how this will turn out. Who knows, all I know is that I knew ADG would take time to 
adapt to the NFL as a rookie. I was right. I knew Wilson would be a solid pick, I was right. I knew Og was a shitty pick, I was
right. I knew Bates would be a great pick and I was right. I don't like to toot my own horn but I am not always wrong and to 
act like Carman is some punk is idiotic to me. Same with Ossai who was a 2nd rounder in my opinion with crazy talent.

No kool-aid here. Just calling it like it is. You are calling both Carman and Ossai shit or at least better than spit.

You might need to drink some kool-aid...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2021 Offseason - Overall Thoughts - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-07-2021, 02:20 PM