Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carman At Guard- Consulted Willie Anderson
(05-06-2021, 09:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah, everyone keeps telling me that, but a situational pass rusher vs. a right tackle that could be the most athletic in NFL history?  I am still shocked they didn't take him.  We were one of the few teams that wouldn't have to start him right away, which is why I believe he slipped as far as he did.  Oh, well.  I don't think Faalele came out this year.  Hopefully, the Bengals can snag that mammoth man next year.  

I know, it is like the Orlando Brown Draft all over again for you lol

Would love to get Faalele, the monster next Draft. Cool

(05-07-2021, 09:04 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Pretty much the Bengals said he's rated this and that as a tackle, but we want him as a guard. That changes the whole scenario. Where he struggles at Tackle, which is speed rushers coming around him, he will not have to deal with at guard, as people now have to try to come through him. That ain't happening.

No shit Sled.

(05-07-2021, 09:20 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Many of the mock experts giving grades, and then subsequently posters on this board, continue to ignore he's not going to be an OT for the Bengals. Yes, Zac said they think Carman is flexible enough to play multiple line positions, but Zac has said that about every OL drafted and those still on the roster competing for a position. Zac also stated the organization has a clear idea about how they want to use Carman and each OL drafted. He's said Carman can play guard at the pro level. It is apparent in the interviews with coaches that Carman is now an NFL guard.

If the second round pick becomes a starter at a position of need and has a good season, with the expected rookie learning curve, then the Bengals made a great pick.

Just call him our road grading Guard that we desperately needed that can also fill in at OT if need be.

(05-07-2021, 01:03 PM)Bengal80 Wrote: Analyst projections are not gospel and less accurate and more opinion this year because of the limited information available. I doubt that any NFL team uses or reads them. In the analyst table referenced earlier showing Carmen was a late 3rd round early 4th pick, he got only 8 out of 21 rounds right.  8 were off by 1 round, 2 including Carmen by 1 1/2 rounds, 3 by 3 rounds and 1 by 4 rounds. The performance would back up the doubt most have in analyst competence.

Yeah, take their opinions with a grain of salt. Carman is the best pancaking Guard in this class IMO.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carman At Guard- Consulted Willie Anderson - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-07-2021, 02:29 PM