Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2021 Offseason - Overall Thoughts
(05-07-2021, 02:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree with that, but do use Mixon more in the passing game for heck sake. Reiff helps though, a lot. Very good top end 
disciplined OT with tons of reps and experience playing against the best. Also would like to see 2 RB's in the backfield as I 
have been harping on for years. Gives our WR's some rest and is very unpredictable with pass catching RB's like Mixon and 
Evans/Perine/Traveon.

Play Calling is a big issue with this team as is getting down early. Hopefully the Play Calling and coaching of Zac and Lou 
gets much better. I think they have the players finally to get it done, now it is up to them or we move on.

I'd be far less concerned about the state of the OL if I knew that Zac was going to run an offense that wasn't based around leaving Burrow back their to chuck and duck. 

If they establish a nice balance and get a ground game going and then use play-action to keep teams honest, it doesn't look as bad. But if they run the same offense with all the empty sets it has potential to get ugly quick.

(05-07-2021, 02:50 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We can play the what if game all day long. What would TB's OL individual grades be without a HOF QB who reads defenses as well as anyone who ever played QB and has a quick release also? What happens if Burrow and Mixon do not get hurt? What happens if 18 million dollar a year AJ Green plays like an elite receiver? What happens if our best pass catching TE does not get hurt early in the year?

My point arguments always be made to take a player up or down a notch. I like the addition of Reiff at RT and think he is a huge upgrade over Hart and also did not break the bank.

Luvnit, I'm not down on Reiff. He is an upgrade from Hart but you do have to consider what offense he came from versus what offense he is going to be in now. It is no different then the CBs the Bengals signed because they fit the style of defense that Lou wants to run.

Yes, it is an "if" and Reiff might come in and hold it down and no worries. But, we haven't seen what he'll do when the defense has no fear of the run and is just going to go screaming full speed at Burrow. Like I said above, if Taylor learns to call plays better then the outlook improves but if they run last seasons' offense again it will be ugly.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2021 Offseason - Overall Thoughts - Murdock2420 - 05-07-2021, 03:02 PM