Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2021 Offseason - Overall Thoughts
(05-07-2021, 03:02 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'd be far less concerned about the state of the OL if I knew that Zac was going to run an offense that wasn't based around leaving Burrow back their to chuck and duck. 

If they establish a nice balance and get a ground game going and then use play-action to keep teams honest, it doesn't look as bad. But if they run the same offense with all the empty sets it has potential to get ugly quick.

Yeah, run the empty sets on special occasions. LSU had Edwards-Helaire next to Burrow to make it unpredictable and Joe could
just hand to ball off if he saw a blitz coming and it worked a lot. Plus he had that extra protection and he could pass to the RB in a
pinch, just gives Joe even more options. I think they used the empty sets so much cause it is what Joe likes, he likes to open up the
field and throw into space. But he was a rookie and trying to learn the NFL Defenses which are way harder to read than college.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2021 Offseason - Overall Thoughts - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-07-2021, 03:18 PM