Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Continued Trump Administration Fallout
(05-07-2021, 08:20 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Better yet, let's cut it into four equal parts and make all four separate states!  Ninja

I am sly as a fox (which isn't that sly to be honest, but still), I see what you're doing...

...why not slice it in about twenty and make everyone there a senator. 

- Oh, but the stars in the flag. That would be an unpleasant starflation.

(05-07-2021, 08:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I think the idea of a free economic zone was an excellent one.  The minute they decided to make it a United States of Europe (an oversimplification I know) was the moment the idea jumped the shark.  You're talking about cultures thousands of years old having to abdicate their sovereignty, at the risk of economic devastation, to a central governing body largely dictated by Germany and France.  Who could have foreseen that going badly? I get the impetus behind it, especially given your correct assessment of the impact of the two World Wars, but the current execution of the idea is flawed and, IMO, doomed to eventual failure. 

Don't say that... that was is as unpleasant as it is justified.

I mean, I for one am all for giving up our souvereignty for an United States of Europe project. Because I feel that's the only way to hold our own and be a global player independent from an increasingly moody US, also it's the only way to effectively fight global threats like climate change that know no borders, or also tax havens and whatnot.

But I know that's a complete illusion.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Continued Trump Administration Fallout - hollodero - 05-07-2021, 08:34 PM