Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you see returning kicks?
(05-09-2021, 06:20 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Solid chance that you're about to be in for a little bit of a rude awakening. Erickson was 10th in yards per punt return (10.1) last year among the 31 guys with at least 10 punt returns.

Yes he was objectively bad in 2019 (so was a lot of the Bengals team), but in 2018 he was 11th in yards per punt return (10.6) among 37 with at least 10 punt returns.

He never had homerun ability, but he was a solid punt returner. Funny thing is you mention Phillips as the PR, but he has 5 career punt returns for 32 yards, or 6.4 yards per return.

- - - - - - -

As to your thread's question...

KR: Wilson (Why would you take him off and put Evans on when Wilson did such a good job? Got a TD last year.)
PR: Wilson, also? Honestly no clue. They don't seem to have anyone who has done well at it in the NFL, or who did it in college.

I remember looking those stats up in the past and being genuinely shocked at how high his averages were. I guess my perception was that he rarely busted long returns, so he was a mediocre returner. While he didn’t bust long returns, he was pretty good at consistently getting those 10-ish yards.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Who do you see returning kicks? - Jhowdy54 - 05-09-2021, 05:38 AM
RE: Who do you see returning kicks? - KillerGoose - 05-09-2021, 09:58 AM