Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2021 Offseason - Overall Thoughts
(05-07-2021, 07:06 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Do you lack reading comprehension skills or are you inherently dishonest?

No one is saying Ossai or Carman are bad players. Just unproven. One was a reach in the second that is going to have to learn a new spot. One is a former LB who moved to EDGE last year. A little light for an NFL edge but with great athleticism. But still a noob at his position. And he plays for Lou. So I will temper my enthusiasm some.

There is some distance between saying someone is crap (which I did not do), and saying they are the bestest pick EV-ER! And totally AWESOME! (Which is what you are doing). It isn't one or the other, it is more like a sliding scale/continuum type deal. Get it?

And people would likely take you more seriously if you could correctly identify what conference Clemson plays in. You weren't right about that, for certain.

Dude, Nate is in the HOF, and his reference to Clemson beating up on the SEC was in head to head matches.  Clemson has been a consistent, top 3 team that only has ONE loss over that time where they got beat by a fairly significant score.  That was against the legendary Burrow-led 2019 Championship team.  

Moving to the Bengals:  I was down on the Ossai pick because I REALLY wanted Spencer Brown with that pick, but I put a lot of stock in Nate's opinion on Ossai.  He isn't being a homer.  If you don't believe that, listed to the most recent podcast of Dan Hoard's "Bengals Booth Podcast", titled "Moving on up".  He had Greg Cosell on and the guy RAVED about Ossai's effort and athleticism, exactly what Nate described to me and others on here.

Stay classy, Isaac.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2021 Offseason - Overall Thoughts - SHRacerX - 05-10-2021, 09:47 AM