Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals have contacted Dede Westbrook
(05-10-2021, 03:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I mean, I wouldn't hate signing Westbrook, but I can't look at rumors of this team looking at more WRs and not think "what the heck is going on"? We desperately need some veteran leadership with our LBs, and another lineman. Heck, a better TE is needed before WR4. Maybe another edge rusher.

It's reported that Trai Turner wants $2-3 mill to sign with a team.
I think the Bengals can, and should, bring him in for that.
Let him compete with XSF, Spain, and Carman for starting OG spots.

As for LB, I'm not sure how much another stopgap LB is going to help.
They've done stopgap LBs for the past few years now.
At some point, these young guys need to step up.

Given the TEs available in FA at this point, none are really better than what the Bengals have.
I'm fine rolling with Uzomah, Sample, and Moss with Pro Wells competing for a spot.
It will be a known weakness and something to hopefully address next offseason.

I really don't see room for another edge rusher at this point.
Hendrickson, Hubbard, Ossai, and Sample are all but guaranteed to make the roster.
Hubert will battle it out with Kareem for the last spot (assuming they even keep 5).
Yes, you could argue just replacing the 5th DE spot, but whoever you replace with will likely just be a 1-year stopgap. Is it worth doing that in favor of a young guy on a multi-year contract?
As for IDL, I doubt they add another person there either, as they have Ogunjobi, Reader, Shelvin, Daniels, Wren, and Tupou all competing for likely 4-5 spots.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals have contacted Dede Westbrook - ochocincos - 05-10-2021, 04:00 PM