Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carman At Guard- Consulted Willie Anderson
(05-11-2021, 05:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: To be fair, they probably didn't know there would be an effort problem with Ogbuehi, and no one knew about Fisher's heart condition.
Both guys had the size, length, and athleticism to become good NFL OTs.
They just didn't pan out for things that people wouldn't have been able to know about.

From what I remember, Fisher was better in college than Ogbuehi and didn't have injury concerns, but Ogbuehi had such elite length and athleticism that Alexander probably thought he could easily turn him into at least a serviceable OT with some coaching and added strength.

Ogbuehi was demoted after playing LT . . . during college. That’s not a good indicator for NFL success. I would consider that a huge red flag. I don’t care about “elite” measurables when their play doesn’t match. And Fisher under performed prior to his heart condition and it didn’t affect his blocking proficiency. Yet, Alexander was still claiming they would be good players after he was hired by the Cowboys. That’s just a complete refusal to acknowledge the reality of the situation. And even more reason not to listen to him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carman At Guard- Consulted Willie Anderson - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 05-11-2021, 09:46 PM