Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New York attorney general seeks to dissolve NRA...
(05-11-2021, 11:40 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The issue is they are trying to flee New York due to highly partisan, politically motivated action by the NY attorney general.  If she was doing her job properly none of this would be necessary.  As I said earlier in this thread, I have absolutely zero issue with anyone in the NRA leadership being held to account for any illegal activity on their part.  What I have a major issue with is the AG using this as a fulcrum to try and destroy the organization outright.  She's garbage and she's the cause of this bankruptcy tactic.

What makes it "partisan and politically motivated"? Did the officers illegally operate the organization, essentially abusing their non-profit status? The answer is yes. What happens when a non-profit is ran outside the scope of the legal requirements? It's dissolved and financial restitution is sought. The resolution she is seeking is actually very similar to the resolution the Trump family went through when their "non-profit" was found to be operating outside the bounds of what a non-profit should be doing years ago. 

Everything she is doing is exactly within the scope of her job and what she should be doing. The abuse of "non-profit" status is one that I wish more states would crackdown on as it's almost become a joke how bad some of these are. There is nothing stopping the NRA from moving to another state, once they answer for their crimes, and setting up there but you don't get to run away because you were caught after the fact.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New York attorney general seeks to dissolve NRA... - Au165 - 05-12-2021, 08:10 AM