Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schedule discussion; Bengals open vs Vikings
(05-12-2021, 12:16 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I don't think anyone really rolls anyone week one, hence why I said a nasty D to start off with.

With the reduction in offseason stuff as well, it should be expected that the offense will start off a little out of sync since you have a QB coming off a knee injury, several new guys on the line trying to mesh and a rookie WR that will be expected to carry the load and beat Patrick Peterson.

It just isn't a good draw versus say... the Jets who are going to be struggling to find their identity early in the season.

Here's the issue with week 1 versus a damn good defense, is 2 fold.  

1. Is Joe Burrow fully over his injury.  Are there any lingering mental issues, doubt in his offensive line, worry he might get injured again?  I mean no matter how strong an individual is there's always going to be doubt that creeps in when you have a major injury you're coming back from. 

2.  How quickly can the new pieces on the offensive line mold together?  Typically, when you add 3 maybe 4 new pieces together to a group that depends on chemistry to do their job, how long will it take before this group is blocking on an "average" level?  Because any miscommunication upfront early in the season against an aggressive defense will lead to many sacks. 

3.  I think it also depends on how does Pollacks running game take off?  How does Chase adapt to the offense?  

There's so many questions going into Game 1 against the Vikings we won't know the answers until after game one.   With having 3 Pre-Season games this season, how many games does Joe Burrow play in?  He needs games to work on timing with his receivers and his OL.  

Does the OL play together in all 3 pre-season games?  Again, there's so many questions just on the offensive side of the ball that I havent even brought the questions on the defensive side. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Schedule discussion; Bengals open vs Vikings - TJ528 - 05-12-2021, 09:27 AM