Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carman At Guard- Consulted Willie Anderson
(05-12-2021, 11:48 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Did he?
I thought he started his college career at OG, then played RT, then moved to LT his final year?
I know he wasn't great at LT his final year, but he tore his ACL toward the end of that year.
Regardless, he was drafted because of his elite length and athleticism.
Alexander thought he could mold him into a good NFL OT with a year or two of development.

Ogbuehi's best position in college was OG. Perhaps that's where he should have played to have the best chance of success.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2017/7/14/15787672/bengals-roster-breakdown-cedric-ogbuehi

Quote: In his final season for the Aggies he moved to left tackle, and promptly surrendered seven sacks in 13 games, which placed him as one of the worst at giving up sacks among drafted tackles in 2015, and worst in the SEC. He was even demoted from left tackle for a brief spell in that final year at College Station.

I’m sure there are other sources as well. But, if a player can’t handle LT in college it’s doubtful they will handle it in the NFL. Alexander was able to convince himself to ignore the warning signs. Probably why I wouldn’t want him consulting on future draft picks.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carman At Guard- Consulted Willie Anderson - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 05-12-2021, 12:11 PM