Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make No Bones About Bengals Are Going Deep this Year In The Playoffs
(05-12-2021, 02:37 PM)GodFather Wrote: In all seriousness, this team is going to be lucky to win 6 games this year tops. They did not do enough this offseason to address the MOST important thing, offensive line.

For the life of me I don't understand where the thought process is on this.

1) Protect the most important asset this team acquired in over a decade Joe Burrow. Protect Protect Protect your most valuable asset!!

2) If I was the head coach and offensive play caller on the team I would want to make sure I had an offensive line that would allow for my plays to develop and I could actually open up my playbook. If my QB is getting sacked 2 seconds after snap, those plays are going to be very limited with he lack of time for plays to develop into something.

3) Mike Brown's stubbornness hasn't mellowed over the years. I cant tell you how off-putting it was for him to put the Bengals failures there past two offseasons on the fans. "You asked for change and hear it is" What kind of bullshit talk is that from a person who controls the team?

I think Chase is going to be a great player, the Bengals had options and feel if they were going after Chase all along they should've done more in FA to acquire a proven offensive lineman. Reiff was a good pickup but signing a 32 year old isn't close to enough fixing this line. 

And I'm not going to even start with them keeping Lou Anarumo around for another season, I don't know what crack pipe was up the front offices ass on the decision keeping him around for a 3rd season after his previous 2 outings as a DC. Ridiculous.

Agree completely, I can't believe they didn't do more to try to protect Burrow.  If Burrow gets injured again, the Bengals are going to be the laughing stock of the league for not drafting Sewell, or at least doing more in free agency.  Reiff addition was great but the entire interior OL is a big question mark still.  I just can't see this ending well, best case scenario we will be lucky if Burrow can survive the season.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Make No Bones About Bengals Are Going Deep this Year In The Playoffs - AtomicBlaze - 05-12-2021, 03:15 PM