Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make No Bones About Bengals Are Going Deep this Year In The Playoffs
(05-12-2021, 02:17 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Im just gonna say this,

The people most positive about the team having great success in 2021, and thinking the Bengals have a shot at the postseason

will also be the loudest ones crying about "FIRE X, FIRE Y"

I've seen it all too many times

and I'll be laughing

I admit, that will be me lol

Already called for Taylor and company's heads if we don't make the Playoffs and win a game.

Still, got to ride with the horse you got until shit hits the fan.

There are positives about this Offseason, lots of them. Doesn't matter if the coaching still sucks.

(05-12-2021, 02:37 PM)GodFather Wrote: In all seriousness, this team is going to be lucky to win 6 games this year tops. They did not do enough this offseason to address the MOST important thing, offensive line.

For the life of me I don't understand where the thought process is on this.

1) Protect the most important asset this team acquired in over a decade Joe Burrow. Protect Protect Protect your most valuable asset!!

2) If I was the head coach and offensive play caller on the team I would want to make sure I had an offensive line that would allow for my plays to develop and I could actually open up my playbook. If my QB is getting sacked 2 seconds after snap, those plays are going to be very limited with he lack of time for plays to develop into something.

3) Mike Brown's stubbornness hasn't mellowed over the years. I cant tell you how off-putting it was for him to put the Bengals failures the past two offseasons on the fans. "You asked for change and hear it is" What kind of bullshit talk is that from a person who controls the team?

I think Chase is going to be a great player, the Bengals had options and feel if they were going after Chase all along they should've done more in FA to acquire a proven offensive lineman. Reiff was a good pickup but signing a 32 year old isn't close to enough fixing this line. 

And I'm not going to even start with them keeping Lou Anarumo around for another season, I don't know what crack pipe was up the front offices ass on the decision keeping him around for a 3rd season after his previous 2 outings as a DC. Ridiculous.

I understand all your thoughts but we might of fixed the O-line with Reiff, Carman, bringing back Spain along with Pollack.

I just wish I was more sure of it.

I will never understand bringing back Lou even if his DL was decimated by injuries last season. The D is bad even when he 
had good players on it. Had to fix the pass rush to get after QB's just the same as protecting our own. Hopefully the Hobby
hire helps here and Lou is replaced by Cioffi if the D under Lou still sucks.

One thing I have to say is you have to have a solution that is realistic in protecting Burrow while having enough dough to 
improve the pass rush. Reiff was a great grab as he gave up less sacks and had less penalties than both Thuney and Orlando
Brown last season, I know Reiff is older, but he is damn good vet for us and I don't think Sewell would even start at OT if we
drafted him. He would start at Guard, same place as Carman most likely. We wouldn't of had other players in these situations.

We will see how it pans out. There are lots of ways we could of went that I would of liked, but I like the way we went too.

I have asked some of the most negative posters around here what they would of done and some thoughts are not realistic.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Make No Bones About Bengals Are Going Deep this Year In The Playoffs - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-12-2021, 03:47 PM