Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carman At Guard- Consulted Willie Anderson
(05-12-2021, 03:40 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Fun fact: In late Feb, PFN hadBengals 4th round pick, Deonte Smith rated as a 2nd rounder and the 64th best player in the draft... And the 3rd best Guard (which is where they projected him to).

I think Smith was a STEAL, as I do the kid from UGA. Draft rankings change for various reasons throughout the draft process. Carman played the last 5 games of last year with a herniated disk and couldn't workout at prodays and his tape from this year suffered, once dissected.

^ That doesn't mean he isn't a great prospect (once fully healed). His surgery wasn't anything super major and he has been practicing and doing drills for weeks.

Carman could have (justifiably) packed it in once injured, but didn't and his stock fell some. He should be commended as a player and a teammate.

Threw me off for a second with your spelling of D'Ante Smith's name but yeah, I think both him and Trey Hill were steals.

More than likely if you have seen bad film from Carman it is when he was playing with the herniated disc. He could of shut it 
down as you say here, but he played for his team and his QB, not for an NFL paycheck. He could of very well went in the first
round if he just kept the great tape out there.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carman At Guard- Consulted Willie Anderson - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-12-2021, 04:01 PM