Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Continued Trump Administration Fallout
(05-12-2021, 01:15 AM)Dill Wrote: I think the bolded above was true of the primary and Trump's first three years in office. It's not so true now. You keeping saying "nothing has changed for the better" as if the GOP still controlled the presidency, the Senate and the House. What counts as change for the better? 

Well, for one having THREE principled GOP party members talking into a void is not change for the better. There were always three people doing that.

Change for the better would have been a total repudiation of Trump. Him losing by 15 percentage points overall, or even more, 20, 25, that would have been change. The EC map being predominantly blue. Governors and whole state parties speaking out and distancing themselves, splitting away, claiming how unbearable it is to be in a party that still worships Trump and scolds everyone who has the audacity to claim that Biden won legitimately and that storming the Capitol and erecting gallows to hang Mike Pence and whoever else is scary and bad. That's what is needed for change. Not someone talking on principle and getting booed and ousted for it.

What you got four years ago is Trump winning with a slim margin of I seem to remember 70.000 votes in some crucial states. Four years later, you have him losing by 45.000 votes in three crucial states, and that after those four years and with Corona in the background that would make reelection hard for anyone. At the same time Republicans won house seats. The election resulted in things being better in its end result, but only just. The needle moved on a tiny scale, all while Trump actually gained voters. He could easily be back and win again in 4 years, I see no reason why he wouldn't, and that is not sustainable change for the better. Imho it rather shows that the two parties are bound to take turns no matter what. Chtulhu and an army of darkness could lead one of the parties and this would be the case.

To a large part, one can see it here. I found exactly one person that actually got swayed (TigerTeeth). Eg. folks like Nately see Trump pretty much exactly as we do, yet he did not vote for the alternative the first time or the second time, which amounts to zero movement on his part. Not to pick him out, it seems to be the 50% of people's take, can't vote for either party anyway and nothing and no one could ever change that, so it does not matter. You really have little swing voters in your country. All is dug in, including the never-voters and third-party voters, the "truth" can be picked accordingly these days.

And since you asked what the GOP members will do that do not "really" believe the election was stolen; I fully believe that almost all know that. They just play their parts regardless for these are a bunch of completely spineless and honorless sycophants. This is not an exaggeration, just an accurate description of people like Graham and Kennedy and all the others, all of them, except Romney really (I know you found three in total, three!). Whoever can't lie with a straight face will be replaced and that's that. How you can see some kind of butterfly effect on that is beyond me, these people knew so many things better the last four years and still lied and distorted, they will not unlearn how to do that and they will not have a change of heart. Why would they, it would be the end of their career.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Continued Trump Administration Fallout - hollodero - 05-12-2021, 07:50 PM