Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schedule discussion; Bengals open vs Vikings
(05-12-2021, 12:08 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Fwiw, I would laugh at a statement like that from a fan of pretty much every team, save maybe the Chiefs.

I've watched too much football in my life to ever say "We will roll them. No doubt in my mind".  There's way too much confidence and arrogance behind that statement, especially when you're a fan of this team.

And not for nothing, the Vikings fan would have a much easier time defending that statement.  They had the 4th ranked offense last season and are going against a Lou Anarumo defense.  The Bengals had the 28th ranked offense last season are going against a Mike Zimmer lead defense.   One offense has already proven to be capable of putting up yards, the other has not.  One defense has a HC running the show that has been historically a very good defensively minded coach.  The other has a DC that has shown nothing other than being among the worst in the game today.

I hear ya, but I am not going to use the rankings for the team's offense for the entire year when Burrow was only there for a little more than half of it.  And I didn't remember the defense being a part of this discussion...I thought he said that in relation to our offense, but his biggest worry was the defense.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread