Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase On ESPN's Most Interestng Rookie Debut!
(05-13-2021, 10:12 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Can’t help but be Debbie Downer here.

What the over/under on the amount of games Chase gets in before he goes down with our ever present curse of season ending injuries to our #1 draft picks?

My guess is 4.5 games
Didn't AJ play in 15 or 16?  And the NFL is a lot softer now.  Chase will be fine.
(05-13-2021, 10:31 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Hopefully by having actual preseason games this year, we'll get to see the OL gel and perform better for Week 1 this year compared to Week 1 last year.
That does give me some hope!

Let's hope the new additions and the return of Frank Pollack also help out the cause!

Like I said, I also think Mixon establishing the run, as well as Burrow's chemistry with Chase (as well as Boyd and Higgins, though probably not as much), will also make the line's life easier by allowing for quicker releases!  Also, he also already has chemistry with Moss, who will be a great safety outlet.
(05-13-2021, 01:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Should be fun, that chemistry is already there with all of our WR's already. Burrow, Boyd, Higgins, Chase with Mixon and adding
Chris Evans and Thaddeus Moss should be sweet if Burrow is given time and the OL is opening up holes in the run game. Getting 
Reiff, Carman is huge for the right side of the Line in we now have a top pass protector in Reiff and a mauler at Guard who can 
pass protect. Center is my main concern. Think either Spain or XSF will be decent to more than decent at LG.

Jonah should really improve from what was essentially his rookie year starting. Lots to be excited about on Offense.

Al great points and let's just hope they can gel.

Like I said above, the chemistry with Chase and the other receivers will be huge, but I think someone we're overlooking is Moss because a receiving tight end that Burrow already has chemistry with will be a great safety valve, like I said above.  

With safeties trying to make sure they're over the top of the receivers on the outside, it leaves the seams wide open, and the same with backers trying to be in passing lanes because it leaves the middle of the field wide open for Moss to go and sit in an open space.  And let's not forget play action because I think that could be a great help to our line and a very dangerous weapon.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chase On ESPN's Most Interestng Rookie Debut! - BFritz21 - 05-13-2021, 01:57 PM