Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Burrow have Carson Syndrome?
People always talk sht about Carson around here lol but I have no problem acknowledging that he was a freakin' SAINT for a few years. The difference I see between Carson and Burrow is that it happened a bit later in Carson's career and he was never a mobile type to begin with. He came back like a hero, but I think bigger negative impact came from how he'd lost his aura of invincibility. Leading up to that playoff game, everything felt unstoppable. Then Kimo happened on the biggest stage at the most important time, people immediately went back to the fact that this team might be cursed, and we never recovered. We certainly never generated the same kind of momentum again.

In that sense, I think it's good that this happened to Burrow while the team was still a bottom-feeder. Maybe that aura of invincibility isn't gone, just by virtue of how we haven't seen it yet anyway.

But do I expect him to be able to scramble without favoring his leg? No chance. That Burrow is gone. It's not just the injury, but also 10 months of rehab and scrutiny. It's not something he wants to experience again, and he won't be nearly as reckless as a result imo- for better or worse.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Burrow have Carson Syndrome? - tms - 05-13-2021, 06:41 PM