Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Burrow have Carson Syndrome?
(05-14-2021, 11:44 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I said that some balls sailed high and some were off the mark.

Did you ignore that part of my post?

Why do you think quarterbacks work on mechanics if they have no impact on how they throw the ball?

My remark was perfect.

I didn’t, because I’m addressing it? You’re saying that he sailed passes because he didn’t “follow through” when someone was around his knee. The problem is, you don’t have any data to back that up. You’ve admitted you don’t have any data for that situation and you’re going off of your eye test. Well, 2006 was nearly 15 years ago and I’m not going to trust your memory on something that happened in a football game nearly 15 years ago. I won’t trust anyone’s. The data that we have available to us is that Carson was 2nd in touchdowns, 6th in rating, 6th in ANY/A and 5th in yards. Carson was 11th in completion percentage but his career completion percentage is 62.5%. His completion percentage that year was...62.3%. The evidence shows that 2005 was an outlier as far as his completion percentage. In fact, that is the only season of his entire career he completed more than 65% of his passes. If you want to make the argument that he didn’t “follow through” on his passes for the rest of his career because of his knee injury, then go at it. I think there is enough data to display that it was just Carson.

Also, I never said that mechanics don’t impact passes. I’m saying that they don’t ALWAYS impact passes. A QB can throw pin point passes off their back foot, or while off balance. Just because a QB doesn’t follow through on a pass doesn’t inherently mean that the pass is bad.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Burrow have Carson Syndrome? - KillerGoose - 05-14-2021, 12:36 PM