Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(05-14-2021, 02:02 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Honest question, what do you think are the major contributing factors for FL's success?

I hope you are being genuine because I am going to be.......

I think that Covid is just not as bad as the media/our leaders portrayed.  That simple imo.  Like a REALLY bad flu.  I believe the reality is that it is not nearly as contagious or deadly as what was promoted.  

So FL is open and NY is closed and there really is not a huge difference (other than NY has a much higher death total).  Again, imo, it is not nearly as deadly or contagious as we were lead to believe, so there was not much of a difference with being open or closed.

I am not saying Covid is not a thing, just that it is not nearly what people claim it is.

I will give you an example of some of this lockdown/quarantine silliness that I have recently experienced personally.

My daughter had her best friend over on a Saturday for about 7 hours.  My wife, Myself and my son were all around my daughters friend and we all ate lunch together in pretty close proximity to each other.  Plus we were all around her in close proximity at other times throughout the day.  They were playing all over our house and in our backyard.  

My daughters best friend tested +covid on Sunday (the next day).

DOH calls and says my daughter has to quarantine for 7 days.  My wife is symptomatic as of Sunday night.  She told the DOH this.  Not only does my wife or anyone else not need to get tested, but we are not even quarantined.  My wife got tested just to be sure and it was negative.  So we were all exposed, my wife was symptomatic and all of us were in contact with the person who tested +, but only my daughter had to quarantine.  How does any of that make sense?

The DOH said that my daughter was around her friend more than we are.  OK.  So since the rest of us still had close contact but are not quarantined, that must mean it is not very contagious.

I guess what I am trying to say in my rambling, to answer your question, is that I don't think it is anything NY didn't do (other than Cuomo killing all those nursing home elderly) or that FL did do.  I believe it makes no difference whether you are open or closed because Covid is not nearly as deadly or contagious as we were lead to believe.  We can see at this point that the states that stayed open are not any worse than the states that locked down.

I also firmly believe that our long term response to Covid caused greater harms than Covid itself.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Mickeypoo - 05-14-2021, 02:38 PM