Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Burrow have Carson Syndrome?
(05-14-2021, 10:47 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Carson's own words don't prove my point about Carson?

Are you seriously trying to claim that?

It was a lot of the throws when anyone was near his knee.  I obviously don't know the percentages or any answers like that to your smart ass answers, but I know some balls sailed high and were just off the mark.  

He had a strong year but it could have been even better.

Here's what Carson had to say about the confidence factor and feeling normal again:

'It’s all a feel thing. That confidence comes from how it feels to step into a throw or how it feels to really push off an explode off of that leg. It takes 18 months to where your knee feels somewhat normal again. It takes two years until you can’t really tell that you had surgery on it. So that first year, it just doesn’t feel right.' 

'It’s just a combination of you as a player knowing the thing is going to hold up. If I have a 300-pound guy coming at me, I have enough explosiveness, enough power, enough strength to explode off the leg and push up in the pocket or whatever it may be.'

If you go back and look at the 2006 season, you can visibly see him becoming more confident every week - being more mechanically sound, stepping into his throws more assertively, rolling out more and throwing on the move...and that was with an o-line that played like shit in the first few games.

Burrow will just have to go out there and play, do the things he needs to do and take some lumps along the way to prove to himself and everyone else that the knee is good to go. He's an ultra-confident guy already, so it probably won't take much to boost his comfort level on the field once he plays a game or 2. Beyond that, as Palmer and a lot of other players who've had serious knee injuries have stated, it just takes time for the knee itself to feel normal again. If Burrow makes the same type of in-season progress that Palmer did, he should have a very good year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Burrow have Carson Syndrome? - Bengalholic - 05-14-2021, 02:45 PM