Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schedule discussion; Bengals open vs Vikings
(05-14-2021, 09:05 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Nate if you dont mind me asking what gives you faith in Louie Cioffi?  I can honestly say I've heard his name as an assistant to the position coaches but that I know of he's never held a job as a position coach.  

So what gives you faith that Louie Cioffi is qualified to come in and call a defense? 

Again, I know nothing about the guy but I'd probably feel better if you put Duffner or Hobby as the interim DC if Lou fails like expected.  

At least I know Duffner has been a DC before and Hobbie is just a veteran coach that's been around the game a long time. 

He has a lot of experience, I don't think he would be great or anything just maybe better than Anarumo if he continues
to suck even with the players he picked. Hobby is a nice thought and actually has a better resume than both Lou and Louie.

(05-14-2021, 09:10 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: hes been here before apparently...    (which is probly why hes back)
https://lionsports.net/sports/football/roster/coaches/louie-cioffi/788
Before the Cardinals, Cioffi spent 14 seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals. There, he coached six seasons (1997-2002) as a defensive assistant and eight years (2003-10) as assistant defensive backs coach. In his eight seasons with the defensive backs, the Bengals logged 150 interceptions, fifth most in the NFL during that time span. He joined the league in 1997 as the youngest (23) full-time assistant coach in the NFL at the time.

Wonder is Bresnahan is coming back for offense.

Now as he was just an assistant i wouldnt give him much credit for all those accolades.

When he was a DC in college his team gave up 33 points per game...

In college that isn't terrible honestly when teams are scoring 50 to 60 points all the time.

(05-14-2021, 09:14 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Xeno right, which is why I'd heard his name before. 

However, hold the position of assistant to the position coach for that long and not even being promoted to DL coach or DB coach or whatever makes me hesitate to put a guy as DC if Lou fails.  

That's why I said I'd feel better with Duffner or Hobbie in that role because of their experience. 

Actually I don't know as much about Duffner, what is his resume?

Al Golden seemed to help the LB's last year who were really young besides Bynes.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Schedule discussion; Bengals open vs Vikings - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-14-2021, 05:56 PM