Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the Critical Race Theory?
(05-14-2021, 08:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I am about to run a D&D session (nerd alert), but I'll reply tomorrow and share some materials that I use in sociology to give you an understanding what I see as high school level appropriate application of the perspective.

I'm legitmately interested to read some examples.  I understand many of the larger talking points that surround the subject (don't necessarily agree with all of them) but I'd like to see them in practice.

Fwiw, I do think it's important for High School kids (and college) to spend some time on this (racial discussions), depending on what is actually being taught and discussed.  Like it or not, race is a huge issue today.  It's unavoidable.  So I think it's increibly naive to think that there isn't benefit in having younger people explore these issues.   We often talk of the "real world" or preparing kids for it and for better or worse this is it in 2021.

Also, I'd be very curious to hear if you think any of this belongs in the lower levels of education.  I would STRONGLY argue it does not.  I think it's incredibly unhealthy to have these conversations with younger kids.  And that goes for ALL kids (let's say 13 and under).  White, black, asian, etc.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the Critical Race Theory? - Wes Mantooth - 05-15-2021, 10:27 AM