Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm So Damn Tired of Hearing About Women's Sports and Their Pay
(05-16-2021, 03:39 AM)hollodero Wrote: I also remember the McEnroe scandal, where he claimed Serena is the best female tennis player of all times and got berated for not saying "the best player of all times" and pointing out he did not do so because she would not compete on a top 100 level with the men. Bad McEnroe, saying what is apparently true.

So apparently both the Williams sisters lost to a male tennis players years ago.  I believe the guy was ranked around 200th in the world.  He played them back to back and beat them handily.  Making it even worse is that he suppsosedly didn't even warm up and either had been drinking before the matches, or was drinking in between sets.

I'm too lazy to find the story but I'm sure anyone who wants to corroborate can with a google search.  I've heard it numerous times. 

There's another story floating around about the USWNT getting smoked by a boys U15 (15 and under team) too.  I wanna say they lost by like 5 goals or something.

Fwiw, I'm not pointing this out to just rag on female sports but your post about McEnroe reminded of these stories.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm So Damn Tired of Hearing About Women's Sports and Their Pay - Wes Mantooth - 05-16-2021, 10:40 AM