Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schedule discussion; Bengals open vs Vikings
(05-17-2021, 10:11 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: If we call 1 game this year 50-50 run pass id be amazed.

Id bet we win but still be amazed

Not necessarily directed at you, but seems like a good place to throw this in.

The Browns were basically the only "balanced" team in the league last year. Baltimore and New England were the only run dominant teams with TEN, NO and MIN being close to "balanced". After that, you get into varying degrees of pass-heavy offenses. Of the remaining 26 teams, we were essentially middle of the road in terms of the pass to run ratio. I think the reality is most people have a misguided view of what balance in the NFL is in today's league because screen passes and the short passing games off RPO are extensions of the running game. 

We were about 58% last year and I would be cool being around that mark again assuming we were more efficient when we did run it. My biggest issue has always been our inability to spring long runs, which is kind of the point of hammering the run. No one plans to win 3 or 4 yards at a time, but they keep running expecting to eventually break one and it seems we just never do. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Schedule discussion; Bengals open vs Vikings - Au165 - 05-17-2021, 10:24 AM