Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Burrow have Carson Syndrome?
(05-17-2021, 09:37 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: I understand why people want to hate on Carson. However, like many other good to great players the Bengals have had, I can't blame him for wanting out from under the Mike Brown led Bengals. My concern is that the same will happen with Burrow if we continue to address the OL they have. Stop gaps and projects will only work for so long. Yes, I agree Pollack is worlds better than Turner. He needs more talent to work with though.

That’s the part I don’t understand with the “he’s a quitter” fans. He didn’t just walk into the office and announce, “I want out of here.”

This wasn’t Corey Dillon throwing his uniform into the stands, or the Pickens’ clause scenario, or Chad holding out for more money or deferring surgery until the start of the season to hold out for more money. This was a player holding the owner accountable for winning. And the owner saying, “No,” to doing everything in his power to win. Carson had one trump card to play, his service, and he played it. If you can’t commit to winning, trade me. Mike thought he would call Carson’s bluff, but Mike didn’t understand money wasn’t more important than winning to Carson. Only Mike Brown would commit to not winning over his $100M QB.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Burrow have Carson Syndrome? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 05-17-2021, 12:04 PM