Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the Critical Race Theory?
I really haven't gotten any examples or an answer about what this actually entails. All I've gathered so far is that Robin Diangelo's program is not representative of CRT.

I'll just lay out some questions, hopefully someone here will be kind of enough to answer them. (Note: All of these questions are specifically related to how it's used in the lower levels of the education system.)

1.) Is CRT a stand-alone class?

2.) If it is a stand-alone class, what other classes are you removing or shortening to make room for it? (Ex: Gym)

3.) If it is a stand-alone class, is it to be taught every year, or is it taught periodically or as a one-off? (Ex. 7th, 8th, 9th, etc. vs once in Jr. High and/ once in high school vs only once overall.)

4.) At what age is it most commonly accepted that people think this curriculum should start?

5.) If it's not a stand-alone class is it something that will somehow be woven into their entire curriculum?

6.) Is it something that would just be taught in US History? (Ex: Spending more time exploring the after-effects of slavery and Jim Crow)

7.) Does it include terms like White Privilege or Institutional Racism?

8.) Would there be a state or federally approved lesson plan that must be followed or would individual teachers develp their own? (I don't trust every teacher in America to tackle such a sensitive subject on their own. Every profession has hacks, and agendas can be found anywhere. Teachers are not immune to this)

I'll kinda wait to see the replies before I explain why I think #7 is particully harmful to children. In fact, I think it's harmful to everyone but like I said I'll wait to better explain myself.

PS For those of you who are actually teaching it or have studied it, I honestly would like to see some of the lesson plans and materials you spoke of earlier. When I hear that the examples in the media are not reflective of the actual material it seems to me this is an opportunity to correct it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the Critical Race Theory? - Wes Mantooth - 05-17-2021, 12:25 PM