Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Burrow have Carson Syndrome?
(05-17-2021, 12:26 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Marvin wasn’t going to get Mike to change more than infinitesimal increments. Marvin said he wasn’t coming back unless changes were made and he folded like a cheap, factory-recalled Walmart lawn chair on clearance. Carson was probably the only person in the organization with enough leverage to force Mike Brown to change. It is very rare to see someone with the leadership and courage to risk their entire career to effect a positive change within an organization. It’s so rare some people can’t even recognize it when they see it. Carson put his ass on the line to make the team better. Who else has done that?

I always assumed Carson was pretty pissed at Marvin for backing down, but I think Carson has been quite complimentary of Marvin now that the whole thing is bygones for everyone who isn't us Bengals fans.  That had to suck charging the hill with your HC and seeing him bail out, though.  Would Carson want to stay here and play with a HC who sold him out like that?

Ah well.  I realize this stuff is only important in our minds.  The general idea outside of Cincy has always been Carson didn't win a SB without the Bengals and the Bengals didn't win a SB without Carson so who cares?

Anywho, if Burrow shows any sort of hesitancy in week 1 are we going to call him a coward?  I doubt it and I sincerely hope not.  Rather, if/when ZT calls for 50 passing plays against the Vikings in week 1 we're all going to start clutching our pearls.  I'd wager this whole thing is moot, but hey it's a message board so here we are jawing on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Burrow have Carson Syndrome? - Nately120 - 05-17-2021, 12:31 PM