Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the Critical Race Theory?
(05-17-2021, 01:03 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: 24 hour news cycles, in general, are bad. CNN and MSNBC participate in them just like Fox does. All three generate "clickbait" article titles, topics and opinion pieces for the sole intention of driving traffic to their website and channel. 

The pursuit of the almighty dollar rules all, regardless of political belief, in America.

However, I'd be remiss if I didn't clarify the difference between Fox and CNN/MSNBC. While they all participate in click baity and agenda driven behavior, Fox News stands out in that they lie more than CNN and MSNBC. 

https://www.politifact.com/article/2015/jan/27/msnbc-fox-cnn-move-needle-our-truth-o-meter-scorec/

That's an article from 2015 regarding the "Score cards" of the three channels, with Fox News lying/not being correct 60% of the time, MSNBC/NBC lying/not being correct 44% of the time, and CNN at 20%.

Unfotunately, Politifact stopped categorizing their fact checks by station and started doing more individual fact checks in 2016. But, for an example, Politifact has done 16 fact checks on Tucker Carlson on their website. Of those 16, 14 of them were rated as mostly false, with 10 of those 14 being either completely false or "pants on fire" false. A percentage of 87.5%.

Rachel Maddow, on the other hand, was fact checked 29 times in a similar time frame and was rated as mostly false 14 times as well. A percentage of 48%.

Ultimately, we won't get away from lying/sensationalizing news media until we get away from the 24 hour news cycle and the pressure to create clicks rather than news, but while we're here, Fox News are objectively the worst offenders and that is worth noting and acknowledging.

I agree with some of what you said, but then we get into the subject of the Fact Checkers and their bias.

I have watched all 3.  They seem the same to me.  Lot's of lies, misinformation and agendas.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the Critical Race Theory? - Mickeypoo - 05-17-2021, 02:02 PM