Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pride NY bans gay police officers
(05-17-2021, 11:47 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I've been noticing that a lot lately and have been wanting to mention it on here and on Facebook (but I know I'll be bashed on Facebook for it) and that's that the left is becoming exactly what they claim to hate and exclude everyone without their exact mindset.

I don't know how they haven't just completely collapsed in on themselves but I think that goes to show just how crazy they really are.

To be fair, Brad, both sides do the exact same thing.  The difference now is that the left/far left is ascendant, therefore they're currently the bullies.  

I use this analogy frequently and it perfectly encapsulates this phenomena.  The Citadel is a paramilitary type college in South Carolina.  The freshmen, or plebs, get hazed the entire year, the goal is to make them quit.  People make their lives miserable.  You want to guess which group is the most cruel and active in this regard?  The sophomores.  The people who just went through that miserable experience and, one might think, would empathize with the freshmen, are, in fact, the worst towards them.

I call it the "it's my turn now" effect.  Many, if not most, people lack empathy.  Instead of recognizing the treatment they did not like and not engaging in it towards others, the majority of people appear to instead prefer inflicting that pain on the new disadvantaged group.  I suppose it's empowering or cathartic to a degree, but mostly I think it's just an atavistic need to inflict on others what you had to endure.  To make them suffer as you suffered.  As long as we keep buying into the cycle it will endlessly repeat.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pride NY bans gay police officers - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 05-17-2021, 11:59 PM