Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carman At Guard- Consulted Willie Anderson
(05-20-2021, 02:08 PM)PDub80 Wrote: It has leaked out, via ... if I recall... the Hear That Podcast Growlin that Paul Dehner Jr & Jay Morrison do explicitly on the Bengals, that Marvin adamantly wanted Jonathan Allen and was furious at the Ross pick.

He also mentioned in a recent interview something to the tune of: "I wanted big linemen for the AFC North, but the front office wanted Ferraris." In response to a roster or draft question that hinted around the Ross draft. This all came out in bits and pieces over the last year or so.

And no side is always correct. There are instances where Mike Brown did what the coaches wanted instead of what he thought was right... Justin Smith over Drew Breese. Dailton over Kaepernick are 2 morw famous instances where Brown did what the coaches asked.

All I'm saying with any of this is that teams... ALL TEAMS... pull and value input from multiple sources inside and outside of their organizations. No one has a perfect system... and coaches don't always get what they want. Scouts and front office people (Tobin) overrule or outweigh them all the time in the draft. Those guys do wayyyyy more research on prospects than a coach can over the course of a year.

I thought Brown wanted Mallet?
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carman At Guard- Consulted Willie Anderson - SladeX - 05-21-2021, 08:23 AM