Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals 2015 Roster and PFF rankings
(05-23-2021, 11:33 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: A little off topic, but am I the only one who thinks PFF has kinda jumped the shark at this point?

The reason I ask is it seems it's gone from a new and useful tool to somewhat of an overrated, if not downright BS service as of late.  I find myself stumbling across more and more things from PFF where I'm left thinking "Well that was clearly bullshit."

Case in point, someone for PFF recently wrote an article that they've come to the conclusion that Tyreek Hill may be the best deep threat of all time.  And of course, they used their analystics to support this.  Well guess what?  They got absolute flamed (rightfully so) for forgetting about Randy Moss.  My favorite comment I saw was just a video link that said something like "Randy Moss has a highlight reel of 40+ yard touchdowns that's 10 minutes long."

Here's the story where I found it:  https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3364818/an-analyst-calls-tyreek-hill-the-best-deep-threat-ever-and-im-just-here-to-see-him-get-ratioed-by-the-randy-moss-people

I think I'm out on PFF.  Sometimes they make it real hard to take them seriously.

True, I don't know if PFF was even around when Moss was playing...maybe they were.  I don't know.  I just used them as a measuring stick to one of the more potent rosters we have ever seen in Cincinnati (I corrected it and used the 2016 roster as year's beginning since the original was the 2015 numbers based on 2014 stats).  

I am very optimistic on the improvements of the offensive line, and throughout the roster.  My biggest concern is the LG spot where the competition is between Spain and XSF.  XSF finished the year ok after coming back from a near season-long injury, and Spain played with some passion that we all liked but neither graded out very well.  

I have a lot of faith in Jonah at LT, Hopkins at C, (although he hasn't proven anything yet in the NFL) Carman at RG, and Reiff at RT.  That LG spot is still bothering me, though.  That 2015 team had Boling and Zeitler as one of the better guard tandems in the league.  We had a piss-poor center, but pretty strong at G and the tackles were also solid with Whit and Smith.  

I have no idea what promises were made to Reiff, and I know he already said he would play anywhere, but I am starting to warm up to the idea of Reiff at LG and Morgan Moses being signed to play RT.  I have no idea what kind of person Moses is, or if he would want to play here, but his previous contract was around $8 million per and he already collected a signing bonus.  I wonder if he wouldn't sign a three-year deal that was voidable (or whatever the terminology is) after two years where he get roughly $10 million per year?  I know the Bengals are supposedly $22 million under the cap, but that doesn't include Chase and Ossai's deals yet to be inked. 

I just really like the idea of Reiff playing LG next to Jonah and having Moses at RT.  At least statistically speaking, Moses would be an upgrade over Reiff and Reiff would be an upgrade over XSF and Spain.  Perhaps the money could be from releasing XSF?  We have Spain for depth.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals 2015 Roster and PFF rankings - SHRacerX - 05-23-2021, 11:50 AM