Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals 2015 Roster and PFF rankings
(05-23-2021, 12:32 PM)Whatever Wrote: This contains a lot of inaccuracies.  They didn't write an article about it.  They tweeted a quote from one of their employees that said Hill MIGHT be the greatest deep threat of all time, which Barstool then twisted into "PFF declares Hill is the the greatest deep threat of all time."

Regardless of whether or not it's "might be" or "is", it's still an incredibly stupid statement.

Tyreek Hill has played for only 5 seasons.  3 of those 5 seasons he finished under 1,200 yards.  2 of those 5 seasons he finished under 1,000 yards.  3 of those 5 seasons he finished with less than 10 TD's.  He's only hit 15 TD's once.

Now let's take a look at Randy Moss begining of his career (in an era where they threw the ball a lot less, and defenders were given way more leeway in contact and physical play)...

1,313 yards and 17 TD's.
1,413 yards and 11 TD's.
1,437 yards and 15 TD's.
1,233 yards and 10 TD's.
1,347 yards and 7 TD's.
1,632 yards and 17 TD's.

This is even before we get to his other 8 years in the league, or that he had 23 TD's in a single season (half of Tyreek Hill's career total).  This is before we get to Moss being paired with Culpepper for bulk of the above, while Hill has been paired with Mahomes for 3 of the last 5 years, and a Pro Bowl Alex Smith before that.

There's no might about it.  He's not even close to matching him in anything.  And even if he were, it's way too early in his career to start talking about "greatest of all time" about anything.

Agree to disagree, but this makes PFF look bad.  And this is just one example, I've seen plenty of others.

I still think there's some usefullness to what they provide but the more and more I see stuff like this the more I wonder how qualified the people who work for them actually are.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals 2015 Roster and PFF rankings - Wes Mantooth - 05-23-2021, 12:48 PM