Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carman At Guard- Consulted Willie Anderson
(05-24-2021, 09:30 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Considering Andrews was drafted by the Bengals, how is that statement incorrect?

It was suggested to me by another poster that Alexander wasn’t that involved in scouting the offensive linemen the Bengals drafted.

(05-17-2021, 08:36 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Who knows why the Bengals got rid if Paul Alexander after 24 years. I would imagine multiple reasons. None of which involved his just forgetting how to evaluate NFL talent..... which wasn't his primary job. Back on topic (without hurting feelings as best I can! Apologies to all!)

PA evaluated the guys that the scouting department passed and put in front of him. As a coach, he's not out there going through years worth of college tape and flying to a bunch of college games to evaluate guys. He typically got 1 or 2 limited workouts and some interviews and sometimes not even that, unless he was doing the Senior Bowl.

This idea that he got every prospect he wanted and none he didn't is a fairy tale. Even the head coach got trumped by Scouts, Tobin, &/or Mike Brown. The Ross pick is a great example of that. PA was not running the Bengals drafts.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carman At Guard- Consulted Willie Anderson - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 05-24-2021, 10:31 PM